You are a certified diver with diving experience and personal equipment. Going on vacation, you plan to devote a couple of days to diving. The family is big, there are a lot of suitcases, what equipment should you take with you?
Personal equipment means confidence and comfort! If you, have it, it’s better to take everything! Except for cylinders and weights!
Of course, you need to take into account the conditions of the planned dives. Going to Phuket you don’t need a dry suit. At a water temperature of 28-30, a 3mm short suit will be sufficient. Pay attention to the conditions of your tickets. Usually a bag with equipment can be arranged as sports equipment and does not count towards the total weight of the luggage.
If, nevertheless, it is not possible to take the entire set with you, then we recommend the following minimum:
- dive computer (check the battery);
- regulator (pay attention to the 1st stage YOKE or DIN system, warn the dive center that an adapter may be needed if you do not have one; to avoid damage, we recommend carrying the regulator in your carry-on baggage);
- mask, fins;
- signaling devices (if any).
We provide any necessary piece of equipment or a complete set for rent.
If you are just planning to purchase personal equipment, we will be happy to advise you, guide you through the diving shops in Phuket and help you choose high-quality and comfortable equipment, taking into account your capabilities and wishes.
Safe and comfortable diving for everyone!
While diving with certified divers, we often encounter a situation when a client does not have his own dive computer, and he does not want to rent it, motivating him with the following: “Why do I need a computer, I’m going after an instructor, he has everything, he observes everything limits and standards».
Let’s imagine a number of situations:
- During the diving process, you have lost your partner (instructor). This happens when visibility is poor, currents, a large number of divers around. According to the rules of reunification, if you have not found each other within 1 minute, you need to rise to the surface without exceeding the ascent rate and making a safety stop. How do you do this safely for your health without a computer or dive watch?
- In the process of diving, you follow the instructor, but at the same time you are always a meter deeper, or lingered for a few minutes at a deeper place looking at the fish. This situation often occurs during safari, where all sites are deep, and the crystal visibility makes you forget about everything. In this case, you and the instructor will have different dive profiles. You can skip your no-decompression limits. You will need a longer safety stop to reduce your risk of DCS. But you won’t even know about it, because you are guided by the instructor’s dive profile, not your own.
As a reminder, the Open Water Diver course should have taught you that when diving, you must calculate your no-decompression limits using RDP tables or use a dive computer.
A dive computer is an extremely important piece of equipment for a certified diver. It tracks your individual dive profile, recommends intermediate safety stops for maximum desaturation, monitors ascent rate and counts surface intervals for a safe series of dives.
In our modern age of technology, the market offers a wide range of computers, from simple and cheap to the most functional and expensive. Everyone will find what they like and can afford. There is no way to buy a personal one, do not be greedy, rent it — this is your health and comfort!
Safe and comfortable diving for everyone!
You have decided to take the PADI OWD course and become a certified diver. As a responsible person, you understand that diving is not an easy occupation related to your life and health, which means that training should be serious, long and diligent. In this regard, you have the following questions:
Is 3 days enough for training?
I answer with confidence in order to master the theoretical base and work out the basic skills ENOUGH! In the future, only experience is needed so that all the accumulated knowledge and skills are performed automatically.
Can you master a 5-chapter textbook in such a short time?
The textbook is designed for children from 10 years old (it is from this age that you can start learning to dive), therefore it is written in simple understandable language, decorated with colorful pictures and short tests for self-examination. In addition to the tutorial, you will receive a link to a training video that duplicates the theoretical part and makes it easier to understand the material. Anything that you do not understand, you can ask the instructor and he will definitely explain everything to you.
Maybe it’s better to get training in your city, so as not to waste time on vacation, but immediately enjoy diving?
Of course, you can do this if you have a couple of months left before the vacation, or even more.
- Firstly, in the bustle of the city and work rhythm, it is difficult to find enough free time for training. Courses are usually held several times a week for a couple of hours, which is why they stretch for a long time;
- Secondly, not all cities have conditions for the passage of open water, and if there are open reservoirs, then you need to wait for the right time of the year or climb into cold water.
Phuket has the best conditions for taking the course! You can read the textbook while relaxing on the beach. Spend a day in the outdoor pool surrounded by tropical greenery. Then 2 days of sea adventures. Take a large diving boat to the nearby islands for 4 dives in picturesque lagoons with warm turquoise water and white sand. In such conditions, the whole learning process is a pleasure, and you immediately enjoy diving!
Can I start a course in my city and finish with you?
You can. To do this, you need to take a REFERRAL form at the dive center where you start your training, which must be completed and certified as required. It lists all the stages of training you have passed.
However, you should understand that taking part of the course in one place, and finishing in another, you OVERPAY! The cost of training will cost you 1.5 times more!
What is the chance not to pass the final exam?
You have NO such chance! In all our practice, I do not know of a single case that did not pass the theory. The exam consists of 50 questions. For successful delivery, you need to score 75% of correct answers. If you do not get the required score, the instructor will once again analyze with you all the topics that raise questions and offer you to write the second version of the exam. The second time it will turn out unambiguously!
Can I take the course if I can’t swim?
According to PADI standards, a mandatory requirement for passing the course is the ability to swim 200 meters without stopping. If you do not know how to swim, then most likely this is due to a fear of water and the decision to learn diving will be very brave. If the question is in technique, then it is not necessary to swim in a certain style, swim as best you can, the main thing is that you can stay on the water in a place where you cannot stand on your feet.
If you have no questions left, don’t waste time, sign up for the course!